Monday, April 27, 2009

Monochromatic Cards



I haven't been able to do any crafting lately but since my blog is fairly new, everything I've ever made has not been showcased here. So, I thought, instead of just waiting for the one fine day i do get around to crafting something new, I'll just show you my older projects in the mean time. I made these two monochromatic cards for a color challenge a few weeks ago. Before then, I didn't even know such a style existed. I am so elementary at these things. *sigh*

The card you see on top was an all turquoise card with a bit of yellow and a black mat on it. The ribbon wasn't really as loud as it seems in the scanned image. I paper pieced the dresses which I drew and then added embroidery thread, a star shaped gem and glitter to make them a little fancier. I also used my fancey scissors on the long gown.

The other card was an only purple card. I used different shades of purple for it. I kept the card pretty simple but used an interesting layout. Instead of using an image, I used a prima flower with a purple star for the centre. The same stars have been used on top and at the bottom as well. The purple matting u see is actually a frame i got from a friend. I aligned it with the white square to make it look as if it was matted.

Hope you like my cards. Will be back tomorrow with more old projects.

Happy crafting,
Anu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you and come visit you too!